Exclusive Helicopter tours Private Luxury Tours for a truly Irish VIP experience
Want to avoid the tourist trap but want to enjoy a truely Irish but VIP Experience!
"The Hidden Heart of Ireland Experience", Enjoy a unique, Private, enchanting and customized exclusive luxury day experience that will meet the needs of the most discerning customer.
Exclusive - Helicopter - Breathtaking Scenary - personal guide - deep fjord - powerboat - fresh oyster and mussel farms - spectacular settings - unspoilt beauty - tranquility - good Irish craic - scenic walk - sheepsheering - Guinness
The day begins by Being Collected by Helicopter and flown along some of the Worlds most spectacular sights as you fly over Connemara the Twelve Bens, Klyemore Abbey the National Park, the Maumturk Mountains and on to Delphi Lodge Killary Harbour.
Killary Harbour is a dramatic deep fjord that penetrates 12km inland from the Atlantic and into which the lakes and rivers of the Delphi valley drain. It produces what is arguabley Europe's best selection of fresh shellfish within surrounding farm lands that have remained unchanged for generations.
This 4-5 hour sea outing, accompanied by the General Manager, involves
- Being picked up at Bundorragha Harbour by a powerboat/rib, and visiting mussel and oyster farms along the fjord, with explanations and demonstrations of what is involved,
- Sampling fresh oysters with a glass of Guinness or white wine.
- Then follows a scenic walk to a traditional farm to watch a demonstration of sheep shearing, working sheep dogs and turf cutting.
- On returning to the boat, travel along the fjord to a scenic spot or deserted island (weather permitting) to enjoy a special Delphi picnic lunch.
- After lunch, a visit to a deserted Famine Village, only accessible by boat, where we can begin to understand the complex tragedy of the famine. This includes everything from the dependency on the potato to the culture and politics of the time and the harsh evictions that soon followed and scattered the Irish to the four corners of the world. A very special and memorable day to treasure forever.
Includes all wet weather clothing, life jackets, wellies etc.The powerboat/rib involved is a very impressive, fast and safe form of transport.
Lastly Return by Helicopter to Destination with a final chance to take in the mezmerising scenary "it really was for real"
For Price's ring 0876703351/0909749764
Alternatives - Flying Personal Guided and Stayover for Lunch
Option 1:Fly in and land in front of Delphi Lodge on our large lawn, warmly greeted by our General Manager -Michael Wade. Thereafter, a brief tour and history of the Lodge, if requested, followed by lunch in our Piano Room on a specially set table in front of a log fire.Our suggested Menu is as follows-A Half Lobster, Crab Claws/Meat and Delphi Lodge Wild Smoked Salmon Salad, served with homemade brown bread.A bottle of our excellent House Wine per 2 GuestsFollowed by Dessert of the Day or CheeseboardTea or CoffeePrice €55 per personAlternatively for Non-Fish Eaters:Warm Duck Salad with Mango and Redcurrants served with homemade brown bread
Marinated Thai Beef Salad with Cashew Nuts served with homemade brown breadWine, Dessert, Cheeseboard, Tea/Coffee as abovePrice €40 per personVegetarian Option:Goats Cheese Tartlet with Roast Peppers and Pesto with homemade brown bread and side salad.Wine, Dessert, Cheeseboard, Tea/Coffee as abovePrice €40 per person
Option 2: Delphi Lodge Leisurely Boat trip on Doolough - 1/2 Day
This is a very special half day outing at Delphi Lodge which begins with a brief tour and history of the house and estate, followed by tea/coffee and homemade scones or lunch served in our Club Room.Our guests then head out on Doolough with an experienced guide who will, if you wish, introduce you to fly fishing on this Salmon and Sea Trout Lake.Over the course of your boat trip, he will give you an historical account of the area, explaining the geology of the ancient Caledonian Mountains and the beautiful Delphi Valley.Doolough, nestled beneath the Mweelrea Mountains and sheltered from the might of the Atlantic, is one of Ireland’s most beautiful and dramatic lakes.Maximum 4 people.Duration approx. 4 hours.Total Price €280